In the previous post, I had shown you everything about Initial Setup for WooCommerce Plugin. So in this article, I will guide you how to Create A WooCommerce Category.
Create a New Product WooComerce Category
Step 1: Move to Products >>> Categories. And this is “Product Categories“ configuration, it looks like “Post’s Categories” configuration as well. The only difference is that there are additional elements such as thumbnail upload form and display type.
OK.. At this time, it’s up to you to create categories, to demo, I just created two categories, which were Laptop and Mobile. Type of both categories display was set to be default and have no images yet
Step 2: Checking the activation of categories in five steps:
- Create new pages that you want to choose to display in the sidebar on your site.To create a new page, first, hover over Pages >>> Add new. Here I choose the default is Shop, click “Publish”
- Navigate to Appearance >>> Menus
- Tick the sections ( Pages ) that you choose to display in the sidebar on your site.
- Click on the button “ Add to menu”. Immediately on your right-hand side menu structure section will show Page “Shop”. Click on the button “ Save Menu “
- Your home page now has the page “Shop”, and when clicked on it you will get the following results.
However, 2 categories that you’ve just created has not yet appeared. When you’ve installed the plugin in the Plugin WooCommerce they will have the Widgets support you. If you want the list of categories display on the homepage, you should find the appropriate widget and embed it into the selected Sidebar.
Step 3: Hover to Appearance >>> Click on Widgets. New widgets appear and this widget is prefixed WooCommerce,this is the way that helps us to distinguish WooCommerce Widgets from other Widgets. To display categories on the homepage, you need to find Widget named WooCommerce Product Categories.
Step 4: Now insert the widget “WooCommerce Product Categories” into the optional area (Primary/Secondary/First Footer), I’m taking the child themes of Twenty Ten, I embed the widget into Right Sidebar and this is the result when I F5 to browser homepage.
See! Create new WooCommerce category is very simple because you were familiar with these manipulations before. In next article, I will guide you to Create Coupon in WooCommerce.