As the previous article Flat Rate Shipping In WooCommerce showed, Shipping Classes in WooCommerce allow you group similar products for shipping. For example, if your shop sells a lot of very big items, you perhaps want to put them in their own shipping class with their own shipping cost. Today, we will guide you “How to Create Shipping Classes in WooCommerce”.
Adding a Shipping Class in WooCommerce
1) First of all, you have to go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping > Shipping Classes
Then, to create a new shipping class, you have to go to Products > Shipping Classes from your WordPress Dashboard.
The screen lists existing Shipping Classes appears.
2) Click “Add Shipping Class” button beneath that table. A new row will appear.
3) Next, enter a Name for Shipping Class box and add a URL friendly Slug (you can enter one or leave it blank and it will be automatically filled in). If you use several shipping classes on your WooCommerce site, you should use the box Description to easier for you to tell them apart.
For example, a shipping class for bulky items.
4) Don’t forget to press Save Shipping Classes.
Adding Products to Shipping Classes
So, you’ve created a new shipping class, right?
Now, it is time to add some products to Shipping Classes!
1) Go to: Products > Products.
Then select one product, and click Edit.
2) Go to the Shipping tab on Product Data section and then select Shipping Class from the drop-down list.
3) Press Update on the right-hand sidebar to save changes.
Bulk and Edit Shipping Classes
If you have some products you need to add to a shipping class, you can add them in bulk easily.
1) Click WooCommerce > Products.
2) From the products dashboard, you just select all of the products you would like to add to the shipping class and select Edit under the Bulk actions option.
3) Next, press Apply, a new screen will appear. Then, under Shipping Class option, select the shipping class from the drop-down list.
4) Finally, press Update.
Now all of the products you have just selected have been assigned to that shipping class!
It’s very simple!
You have just learned how to create shipping classes in WooCommerce. Let us know if you have any question in the comment section below! We are very happy to help!