WooCommerce is one of the most popular plugins for WordPress. It allows users to set up eCommerce sites and manage orders with ease. It offers an all-in-one solution when it comes to WooCommerce powered e-shops. However, sometimes you might want to display your products on your site, but not sell them. For example, if you are using a B2B system, you might want to have a place to display your products online without giving the ability to visitors to place orders. Today I’ll introduce you a plugin that can help you with this – WooCommerce Catalog Mode!
What is WooCommerce Catalog Mode?
WooCommerce Catalog Mode is one of the most appealing plugins for WooCommerce users who need to switch their WooCommerce site into an online catalog for some time. Reasons for this switch may be a thousand, but most common ones are concerned with the need of users to perform maintenance actions in their warehouse without putting their site offline. Is it ever happened to you to take inventory and have to put your WooCommerce shop down? How many potential customers lost! A catalog gives you the opportunity to leave your WooCommerce products online and to let your customers contact you anyway for whatever question they might have. This increases customers’ loyalty and you do not lose visibility online.
How Can It Help Your Business?
Thanks to WooCommerce Catalog Mode you can convert your shop in an online catalog. Thanks to a simple graphic interface, you can easily hide “Add to cart” button on every product or only on some of them and prevent users from purchase.
In addition to basic features, you can also create and customize contact modules to give your users the possibility to get in contact with you to ask for price and stock for products in your shop. This guide aims to illustrate plugin features and help you solve any possible doubt raised in using the plugin.
WooCommerce Catalog Mode Installation & Configuration
Important: before of all you have to download and activate WooCommerce plugin, which is mandatory for WooCommerce Catalog Mode to be working. If WooCommerce plugin is active, you just need to activate the WooCommerce Catalog Mode plugin.
- Unzip the downloaded zip file.
- Upload the plugin folder into the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress site.
- Activate YITH WooCommerce Catalog Mode from Plugins page.
WooCommerce Catalog Mode will add a new tab called “Catalog Mode” inside the Plugins menu item. There you are able to configure all plugin settings.
Features of WooCommerce Catalog Mode
- Enable/disable YITH WooCommerce Catalog Mode from option panel
- Choose if admin sees the store as catalog (when set) Mode settings for administrators also
- Hide “Add to Cart” button in WooCommerce product detail page
- Hide “Add to Cart” button in the other pages of the site (catalog, shop etc.)
- Hide WooCommerce “Cart” and “Checkout” pages and any reference to them
- Official documentation of YITH WooCommerce Catalog Mode
- For a more detailed description of options and features of YITH WooCommerce Catalog Mode, please, read the official documentation.
- Compatibility with WooCommerce plugins
It would be great though to add a WooCommerce catalog mode in the theme someday. You are going to have even more sales for sure. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me at the comment section below!