Among the many products available in a shop, going back to the one you prefer often becomes an annoying activity because it always takes too long to find it again. That is the reason why today I’m here to introduce you WooCommerce Quick View which being able to open a pop-up window where to see details concerning that product makes users’ task easier.
What is WooCommerce Quick View?
WooCommerce Quick View adds a ‘quick view’ button to product loops which show product details in a lightbox when clicked. WooCommerce Quickview allows you to quickly view and purchase any product in your WooCommerce catalog whilst browsing a category or product listing page.
Unlike the typical product browsing way, in which a user is taken to the product page even if he clicks to see only the basic details of a product (and has to click on the ‘Back’ Option to go back to the previous (product category) page), Woocommerce Quick View Plugin allows the users to view all available choices of the product category on a single pop-up window, without having the user to go to each product page, separately. Once seen, the pop-up window could be crossed by the user and eventually, he is brought back to product category page.
From a customer’s point of view, Quick View is a very friendly option, as it makes product navigation very easy; the customer is saved from reading too much information since Woocommerce Quick View Plugin gives the option to choose the type of content, the seller wants to give out on the pop-up window.
WooCommerce Quick View gives your customers a true supermarket shopping experience. In supermarket shoppers browse products on the shelves, picking up the ones they are interested up, reading all the relevant information and either adding the item to their cart or putting it back on the shelf and continuing to the browser.
While browsing products anywhere in your store – shop page / category pages / tag pages they see a products that interest them – instead of clicking ‘More Details’ and going to another page to view all the product information and images they click Quick View and see it all in a pop-up right there on their screen. This is the sequence:
* See something of interest – Pick it up from the shelf (Open the product in the pop-up)
* View all the products information and make a buying decision
* Either add the item to the shopping basket (Add to Cart)
* Or put the item back on the shelf and continue to browse (close the pop-up)
It is quick easy and incredibly convenient for your customers and will create more sales.
* WordPress 3.7
* WooCommerce v2.0 and later.
* PHP version 5.2.4 or greater
* MySQL version 5.0 or greater
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t even need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of WooCommerce Products Quick View, log in to your WordPress admin panel, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New. Search WooCommerce Products Quick View and click install. Or download the plugin from wordpress.org and click the upload sub nav item and use the WordPress plugins uploader to upload the plugin from your computer and unpack it and install it for you.
The manual installation method involves downloading our plugin and uploading it to your webserver via your favorite FTP application.
- Download the plugin file to your computer and unzip it
- Using an FTP program, or your hosting control panel, upload the unzipped plugin folder to your WordPress installation’s wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin from the Plugins menu within the WordPress admin.
- Quickly view and purchase products from catalog pages
- Ajax or standard add to cart via the quick view modal
- Highly customizable button position, colors, show/hide quick view elements, and much more
- Variation gallery when a variation is selected, the image will transition accordingly
- Sleek, minimal styling to blend into any theme
- Navigate between products on the page using the quick view gallery navigation
- Manually place the quick view button in your theme to open the modal from anywhere
- Hooks and filters for developers
WooCommerce Quickview encourages sale by providing a preview of your product with one click, without reloading the whole product page. I hope that, after reading this post, you will know the reason why you should use this plugin for your online business. If you have any questions, leave them in the comment section below!