In the previous article, you have been shown basic steps in Initial Setup for WooCommerce Plugin. However, it’s just a beginning to create some basic sections of your website. It also has so many problems in each setting table such as Tax, Shipping, AP,.etc. In this article, I’ll guide you more detail about WooCommerce Shipping Zone Setup which is always a not easy solve problem.
As the matter of fact, online sale website usually has shipping category. Once ordering a product, we saw many automated features for each type of shipping for the customer to select and automatically calculate it on the bill. Of course, WooCommerce will not be missing this feature, so in this article, I will elaborate on the self-shipping charging function of WooCommerce delivery. I’ll divide into each individual post for you to follow.
Shipping Debug Mode
During installation, you should enable Shipping Debug Mode so that it ignores the cache and display the WooCommerce Shipping Zone area.
Access to WooCommerce >> System Status >> Tools >> Tick to the “ Shipping Debug Mode” to enable this function.
WooCommerce Shipping Zone Setup
WooCommerce 2.6 has drastically changed the shipping settings for the better. The biggest change is the addition of WooCommerce Shipping Zones. You can set the shipping methods for each shipping zone. For instant, you can set up Dallas is Free Shipping, other provinces are charged. And want to set up shipping costs, you must set the Shipping Zone first.
- Step 1: Go to WooCommerce >> Settings >> Shipping >> Shipping Zones
- Step 2: Enter a descriptive Zone Name, and select regions that apply to this zone. Regions can consist of:
- Step 3: If applicable, click on “Limit to specific zip/postcodes” to further narrow which customers match this zone. For example, you can set a local zone with a specific set of postcodes (one per line); a range of postcodes (e.g. 90210…99000), or use wildcards (e.g. CB23*).
For example, we’ve created 2 zones – Local, Domestic to demonstrate how zones can be setup:
Each customer belongs to only one zone and Rest of the World zone is for those customers who do not belong to any of the custom zones you added.
Add shipping method for Shipping Zone
We have created the shipping zone above and now the rest is add shipping method for each zone.
- Click the + icon at the right of each row.
A window appears with a list of shipping methods :
- Flat Rate: You will create a fixed price per product, per order or per type of shipping classes. Note that it only has a single price, and we can not be customized further.
- Free Shipping: This method will allow you to free delivery to customers based on the price of the order. For example, you can customize the free delivery order valued at 1 million or more. Alternatively, you can activate to allow it to use when customers use discount code (coupon).
- Local Pickup: Customers go to the store to pick up goods. This is simply a notice.
You can add more shipping methods in a shipping zone, just click the + icon to add it. After the addition, the shipping method for shipping zone you will see it displayed as below:
And when you set up a zone with multiple shipping methods, the checkout will show the option to choose.
Remove shipping method from shipping zones
To delete or disable shipping methods in a zone, hover over the row of the zone that you want to delete >> Click on “ Remove “
For an online sales website, the shipping method has always been a top priority, because when their customers purchase, the first thing they will notice and care about your shipping method. If the customer satisfies with you services, they will come back and continue to support you, so think and customized the shipping methods following consumer’ expectation, means the more convenient method is increasing your revenue.
In the next post, I will help you apprehend about Flat Rate Shipping In WooCommerce
If you have any WordPress eCommerce related questions or suggestions, please leave a comment below.