When running an online business, it is important for your customers to know the WooCommerce tracking number of their orders. With the Tracking Information extension, your customers can now see the progress of their shipments being made. This is a short and simple tutorial for you to easily include the needed shipping information into your orders on WooCommerce.
- Make sure you have the latest version of WooCommerce
- Unzip the plugin’s folder and upload to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Initiate the extension using the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Adding information to orders
On the edit/view order screen, you can see a new panel created for shipping information:
In order to enable shipping information to customers’ view:
- Select a provider: This should be the shipping company you are using. If your shipping company is not listed, you can use the “Custom Provider” option.These are automatic tracking links for the following major shipping companies provided in this extension:
- Australia Post
- Canada Post
- City Link
- Royal Mail
- TNT Express (consignment)
- TNT Express (reference)
- Enter the tracking number that the shipping company assigned. If you choose the custom option, you should include the full tracking link to the company’s page (if applicable).
- Select a date for when the product was shipped (optional).
- Test the preview link and see if it operates to your expectation. (optional)
- Save the order and change the order status to “Complete”. The customer will then receive a notification email with an attached tracking code.
- In addition, you can add additional tracking numbers by selecting “Add Tracking Number”(optional).
That concludes the simple steps you can use to add shipping information to your WooCommerce tutorials. Did you find this article helpful? Let me know in the comment section what you think and what other problems you are having while using WooCommerce. I would love to hear your thoughts!